|Food was a must!|
It can be a surreal life indeed. I was not in the best of moods because I had to spend a few nights in Columbus, Ohio for the second time in a few weeks. As I get on the elevator in my hotel du jour, I look up and swear to God that the dude getting on with me is Steve Harwell of Smash Mouth.
Just to make small talk I ask "Where's your gig tonight?" As it turns out, it IS Steve Harwell and he already played a gig at Ohio State University. Oddly enough he and he and tour manager Scotty Haulter had a question for me, "where is there a good place to eat and have 'several" drinks'. That's easy...The Jury Room! In one of the coolest moves ever, Steve said "meet us in the lobby in five minutes."
I assumed they were just joking, 'casue I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed, but sure enough they were down there before I was. After getting to the The Jury Room (A place that I have to review one of these days because it's awesome) we spent the next few hours doing the following things (this list is in no particular order).
- Drank the bar out of top shelf tequila
- Offended a bartender
- Ate like kings
- Talked (in depth) about sports and music
- Drank some more
- Rated women
- Did not use our finger or thumb in the shape of an L on any one's forehead
- Offended several patrons (that one I can't prove...but I know it happened)
- Did I say drink yet?
- And best of all, did not need to use the two bail bond offices that are next to the bar!
|Guess the NON rock star|
|Thanks Steve and Scotty...it was fun!|